Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Inspired, Tired


It's been very dreary weather-wise around here, so I've been avoiding the blues by trying out recipes for Thanksgiving and other holiday events. Today I made the most delicious dinner rolls from an old Family Fun recipe, here. Although I would recommend adding a bit more water to the dough, and a little less butter before the rise. And, because I've been drooling over this recipe since seeing it on Posie Gets Cozy's blog, I cooked my first Chicken Saltimbocca, which will definitely be returning to my kitchen table.

The warm oven and the bright green sage against the red of my cutting board, put me in the holiday mood:


And, in case you think my life looks like a domestic dream, here are some shots of the aftermath in the kitchen, and the DVD my dog ate while I was cooking:



Oh yeah, and the kids hated the chicken. Goodnight, inspiration is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment