Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Blog Happy

This is my hallelujah for blogging post. I came to blogging VERY late. I looked at my first blog only a couple years ago, and felt like someone brought me to Disneyland! What? ... there are all these interesting folks out here just writing, creating, sharing, giving, and it's free?? I don't know why I never thought to check it out before. I guess I was busy with kids, life, trying to stop my dog from chewing shoes, who knows, but now that I am in blogland I have to say it is just plain fun. I know many think it a waste of time, and I do think someday it will be added to an addiction list for rehab, but I want to share with all of you what blogs have given me, just in the last month:

-got our pumpkin carving idea from Crafty Crow
-made mini pumpkin pie bites and lollipop pies from Bakerella
-cried and reflected on posts about loss and parenthood from Sweet and Salty Kate and Catherine Newman
-found out Mr. Pie can't live without these Oatcakes
-wasted so much time playing grown-up fashionplates from Polyvore which I found through Angry Chicken just yesterday, and I rarely buy clothes.
-created chore cards for my kidlets based on this advice from Pioneer Woman. I don't homeschool, but PW is so much fun I look at every section, and this time it paid off.
-laughed very hard at WhimsyLove's tacky Christmas sweater search.

And that is just one month. Look at those verbs I used: got, made, added, cried, found, wasted, created, laughed. So to all my favorite blogs, the ones here, and to those I've yet to find, I say "THANK YOU!"

2 comments:

  1. Hey Amy!

    The kids and I just made a batch of those oatcakes - I am afraid that there won't be any left for Mike unless he gets home unseasonably early! I was thinking that they would be fun to cut in to diamonds with a pizza cutter and dip in chocolate to add to our holiday cookie baking.
    I love being able to let the kids have more when I know that it is something healthy!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so yummy aren't they. We tried some other shapes ourselves,but the oatmeal falls apart if there are pointy parts involved. I do love the chocolate idea! Thanks for checking out the blog, it's usually just crickets here, but I do it just for fun anyway. -Amy

    ReplyDelete