Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Not Quite Yet


This past weekend we headed out for a gorgeous fall outing. I dropped hints that I would love for us to get out and see the fall color before it's gone. So, after some brunch, we headed out to Pere Marquette for a weekend drive and light hiking. The picture above is the view from the top of the bluffs with my littlest on the steps. What an odd feeling to see him practically a kindergartner, ready for all the world in front of him. Me, standing behind, contemplating: the view, my sons, this place where Mr. Pie and I married 13 years ago. Fall brews this bittersweet taste in my mouth each year. The contemplation of things which lie ahead, while remembering moments which have slowly fallen away. I find myself begging the leaves not to fall, not yet, not just yet...but ahhh how good those leaves feel underfoot and how I want my little guy to run and see all that is ahead, just not yet, not quite yet....

No comments:

Post a Comment