Sunday, January 24, 2010

Mr. Pie's Dirty Little Secret




No, we do not need referrals to any 12 step programs, it's not that kind of secret. Here's the deal. Mr. Pie has a fancy degree, which got him a fancy job, and that fancy job requires him to travel entirely too much. When he's away, as he's been this month, I'm very busy and miss him something fierce. Mr. Pie is also very busy and misses me something fierce.

So what's the secret? Because Mr. Pie has a fancy traveling job, airlines pay attention (he's my George Clooney from Up in the Air, minus that whole nasty career choice and cheating lady thing!). So while I'm at home trying to live my "sustainable, reduce, re-use, recycle, slow-food life", he's tearing up the carbon points and indulging in first class food and free champagne. We both pretend it doesn't happen. Unfortunately, he had a bit too much champagne this last time, and now we have photographic proof of the shame. I thought we should both come clean before these pics make it across the internet without any disclaimer by me.

I do, however, have to say I am very proud of him for finally taking his very own picture of a meal. I love ya Mr. Pie in the Sky! (sorry couldn't avoid the pun) Come home to us soon.

P.S. - I promise I'll eventually get to that book list. In the meantime, send me any great reads you've indulged in recently. I'm always on the look out for a page-turner!

No comments:

Post a Comment